
Monday, August 24, 2009
Cody is getting tubes...
He will be getting tubes in his ears next Thursday the 3rd. I am so nervous about putting him under anesthesia, but I know he really needs them. He has had 4 ear infections since March and two of them have required 2 rounds of antibiotics. He just finished antibiotics yesterday and still has fluid in his ears today :( I just keep telling myself this is better for him, and maybe he wont be so sick after this. He has been to the pedi every 2-3 weeks for the last 4 months with some kind of illness or ear infection or pink eye. He has been a sick little boy for a while now. The ENT doesn't want him going through winter without the tubes, she says he will just end up on antibiotics the whole time. I also think the infections are effecting his hearing some, and hope he will start babbling more after we get this done. Please keep Cody in your thoughts next Thursday, we are hoping for a quick easy surgery and fast recovery!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Ohh man Sam I know you must be a nervous wreck! I put myself in your shoes and if it were Mason I'd be worried sick! Just keep in mind ALOT of kids have to get that done for their own good and if the doctor didn't think it were safe he wouldn't recommend it! Cody is definately in my thoughts and prayers, poor fella! :(
YAY for the crawling! Mason gets around good but he wont get off his belly yet, he just kinda army crawls everywhere! Cody gets cuter everytime I see pics of him, I wish I could come down there and meet him in person...him and Mason would have a blast getting into everything! :)
I will definitely keep Cody in my prayers. I know it's hard not to worry, I would be nervous too, but this is a pretty safe procedure that he will only benefit from. My friends little girl had to get tubes in her ears and she is like a different child now. So happy and much more content. Stay strong momma, you all are doing the best thing for him!
I am so sorry Cody is going through this, I will definitely be thinking of Cody and you.
Hey Sam! Cameron had tubes in last Thursday, the 27th. It went so well. It's not invasive at all. No iv's. The hardest part was watching him go under for the anestesia (sp?). Other than that, he's had no set backs, no recovery, and is making strides already in balance and other gross motor skills. He'll be fine! Trust me on this one.
-Tina
Post a Comment