Tuesday, May 12, 2009
stupid mommy moment
So my dog ginger stayed with a friend of mine Sunday night because we were getting inspections done on our house. So yesterday after work, I picked up Cody from daycare, then went to go pick up ginger. I got to my friends house and Cody was sleeping, so I left him in the car. I went to the door, got ginger, and went back out to the car with my friend since he was sleeping and I didn’t want to leave him out there by himself. I put ginger in the car, then my friend opened the back door and said hi to Cody and I shut the door. We talked for about 1-2 minutes and then I went around to the other side of the car to get in and it was LOCKED. I freaked. Ginger must have stepped on the door lock and locked the car. So I try not to freak out… the car is on and Cody is sleeping. (thank god the car was on because it was over 90 degrees yesterday, if it wasn’t the window would have been busted within 2.5 seconds). My friend calls AAA to get the car unlocked and the lady on the phone takes FOREVER. So finally my friend tells her just to call us back. So I call Chad and tell him what happened… so he goes home and tries to find the other key to my car (we had just lost it that morning). While he is at home looking for them Cody wakes up. At first he just kinda looks around for about 4-5 minutes… then he starts to cry. It was horrible sitting there watching him cry and there was nothing I could do about it. Meanwhile AAA calls us back and says they have someone who will be there in less than 10 minutes. So I call Chad back and he just found the keys and is on his way. Then AAA calls back and says they are lost and cant find the house…. WTH!!!! So chad shows up with the keys and right behind him is AAA. We tell the dude sorry you were too slow. (it had been 45 minutes since we called them). So all in all it turned out OK… but it was def a freak out moment… I felt like the worst mommy in the world. I will never leave Cody in the car again without the window down or something. Even though it was a very unlikely chance that ginger would lock the door in the 2 minutes that I was standing outside of it… I will not risk it happening again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Sam, you are not a bad mommy. I've locked 2 out of 4 of my children in a vehicle and had to get my husband to unlock them twice.
Actually, Zachary locked his sister in when she was 2.5, but I did leave my keys in my purse on the front seat of the truck while I carried Emily in the house. He locked the door when he was getting out of the truck,and then shut it. My, my.
Cody is fine, and Mommy Guilt is a terrible, evil witch. It's hard to shake it off. One of the hardest things in the world, in fact.
But he's fine..he doesn't even remember it today. Don't beat yourself up.
I have yet to lock Jacob (10 months) or Emily (3.5) up yet..but that is ONLY because I have had a keypad entry on my last 2 cars. Because I have locked them in along with my keys and it was just a miracle I remembered the keypad code. LOL
He's ok...you'll *be* ok.
(((HUGS)))
Steph
stephs_3_kidz
I bet that was scary. I'm sorry you had to go through that. But you shouldn't feel like a bad mommy. You were right there with him. It's not llike you left him in the car to go shopping or sometihng. And the car was on. Accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up sweetie. But I totally see where you could feel that way, I would too. Glad Cody is ok!!
Oh no..I bet you felt so helpless when he was crying..bless his heart! Don't feel bad about it though Sam and don't dwell on it, stupid mommy moments are going to happen but at least you are a mommy now for the TO happen! Did that make any sense? lol
p.s.- I had a stupid mommy moment last week too so don't feel bad, because mine was way worse and I'll never tell anyone! LOL!
I'm glad you left the air on, that wasn't a stupid mommy moment. I agree though, if it wasn't on I would have broken the window right away too.
Post a Comment