Saturday, April 26, 2008

Still In Shock...

I still cannot believe that I am pregnant... and we did it on our own?!? I just don't see how that happened! I mean I knew there was a small chance that we could do it on our own but odds were not in our favor. I do not feel pregnant at all. I am getting some minor cramps and some gas, but would probably have just shrugged it off as pre-AF stuff.

So here is the story of how it all happened.... I usually spot starting 10-11DPO... it was 13 DPO and I still wasn't spotting. From what my RE had told me I pretty much thought that there could be no chance of me being pregnant this month. So I was 13 DPO and Misty and Jamie convinced me that I needed to test just to put my mind at ease. So I picked up a pregnancy test on my way home. I was not going to tell Chad that I was testing cause he would think I was crazy. He was running late so I figured I would just go ahead and take the test before he got home. It had only been about 3 hours since I last went to the RR. I did not really have to go so i went ahead and peed in a cup to make sure I got enough urine. I dipped the test in, sat it down, flushed the toilet, looked at the stick, and there was a VERY pink line. I was STUNNED. I started crying and then jumping up and down. I had no idea how this could have happened. When Chad got home, I had left the stick on the counter and I told him I had a surprise for him in the bathroom. He looked at me all puzzled and he must have read it on my face cause all he said was "nu-uh". He went and looked at the test and said NO WAY. He was just as surprised as I was.

I could not sleep at all last night, my mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts. My due date will be January 3rd. Crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Same, It's Larissa. I just want to say Congrats! I'm so happy for you, I hope you have a very happy and healthy nine months! I'll see ya on the preg boards.

3guysandagirl said...

Congratulations! I emailed you also! I am so happy for you!

Tina~

Christina said...

congrats Sam, thats really exciting!