OK so another thing I was worried about with changing jobs was insurance. I won't be elegible for insurance at my new job until 7/1. So I e-mailed the HR lady today and she sent me info on Cobra. I was afraid of how much it would cost... well its only $250... I currently pay $120. BUT the cool thing is, I have 60 days from 5/31 (my last day of coverage) to decide if I want it or not. And, if I decide I want it, it is retroactive to 6/1, and will cover and elegible claims acquired during that period. So pretty much... I can NOT pay for it now, then if something happens, I can go back and pay for it and it will cover anything that happened. Pretty cool eh?
What else is cool is that since I have already paid for this month's insurance, my coverage doesn't end until 5/31. This means I probably won't even have a d/a the month that I dont have insurance. I am 8 weeks on 5/24, which is right around when I would have my first OB appointment - still covered - then I will be 12 weeks on 06/21... so if I can just put that appointment off for 1.5 weeks... I should be all set. But if not it should be OK for me to have to pay for one appointment out of pocket. And again, if something happens, I can always retro my insurance. Not that it really matters, cause I have a high deductible plan that doesn't pay for anything until the deductible is met, so everything is pratically out of pocket anyways!
I am just so relieved that this is going to work out. WOHOO!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
congrats! im glad things are working out for you! update on the U/S missy! :)
Post a Comment