Thursday, May 8, 2008

Freaking Out...

OK , so the thought of starting a new job... who does not know I am pregnant... while having m/s is freaking me out!! I will be 7w2d when I start.... right in the middle of the worst time! I am planning on telling about 4 weeks after I start (2nd tri probably) but my actualy supervisor is going to be the one training me. So I think she will get a little suspicious if I am wearing sea bands and drinking ginger ale all the time!!! I have no idea how she will react, my manager already knows that we were trying, so I am not worried about him, but I AM worried about my supervisor, because she had no idea. They can't fire me right? Like if I tell her in the first week or two, she can't fire me? I just want to PROVE myself before telling, that way they can see that I AM a really hard worker. But I don't know if I will be able to hide it. I pray that m/s doesn't hit me too hard so that I can hide it.

I am feeling pretty good so far, nothing too bad really, but I know at 6 weeks is when it really hits. Ill be 6 weeks on Saturday... I guess next week will probably give me a pretty good indication of how things will be!! Only 6 more days here!! WOHOO!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What state are you in? i think there are different state laws, but I had several friends in the same situations. They cannot discriminate and fire you on the basis of your pregnancy. Your supervisor it's going to have to suck it up.

Morgan Owens said...

sam, what are sea bands? just curious

Samantha said...

You can buy them at any pharmacy, they are motion sickness bands. You put one on each wrist on pressure points and it helps relieve the naseau. I only used them the one day and they worked pretty good, I haven't really had m/s since then though.