Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kicks ~ Oh My!~

So Thursday night I felt LO moving around some so I thought maybe I could get Chad to be able to feel him... usually he is really gun shy and as soon as I, or anyone else for that matter, touch my belly, he stops moving.

So Chad put his hand on my tummy and of course lil Cody stopped moving... but this time I made DH keep his hand there... so his hand is on my belly for about 2-3 minutes... and all the sudden Cody starts kicking up a storm!!! I mean KICKING HARD. I could hardly believe it... it was like he was saying "OK GET OFF ME NOW!!".

Chad still couldn't really feel anything (I have an anterior placenta) but he "thought" he may have felt something. So he decides he wants to switch hands... I tell him don't do that or he will stop kicking... well he switches hands anyways.... and sure enough, the kicking stopped just as fast as it started.

It was just really amazing to be able to feel him kick like that, I felt it probably 20-30 times in the few minutes that his hand was actually on my stomach. Now we just have to get him to stop being so shy and start showing off his kicking abilities to everyone.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sam,

How exciting to feel those kicks!! I bet your heart just melted the first time you felt it!?

I can't wait to feel those little kicks! I also wanted to say thank you for the congrats on my blog. I was glad you left a comment. I will for sure be updating my blog more.

Thank you again.