Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike

Well looks like we are basically going to get a direct hit from hurricane Ike. It is supposed to hit at a category 3. We are about 10 miles from the bay and 20-30 miles from the gulf of mexico so we are expected to get some of the storm surge. We are not planning on leaving our home as we have no where to really go. We could probably find a hotel a few hours away but we have 4 dogs that we will not leave. Im really freaking out, being pregnant during a cat 3 storm with no power is not going to be very fun. Traffic is already backed up from people trying to get out. If I could please ask for your thoughts and prayers... Im really hoping that Chad, Cody, and I stay safe and that our home will stay intact.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was 7 mos pregnant during Rita (live in sw louisiana) and had a two year old. It was scary...the hardest part was not having electricity for so long. Just know that there may be a few days (maybe even week) that will be miserable with no power, no stores open, etc...but it will get better. I pray it weakens though and moves thru quickly with the least amount of damage. I hope you and your dogs stay safe!

Christina said...

Good luck with the storm. I've been in a category 4 while on vacation in NC one time and made it through fine. I hope that it weakens some before it makes landfall!

ssbean said...

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Let us know when it's all over, and you can get back online. Good luck.

Miss X said...

I just came across your blog. I hope you came through the storm okay!

Morgan Owens said...

I hope you guys are ok, update us soon! you may not have power right now...my family is down from angelton and they had a little damage but not too much..just no power!