Monday, October 20, 2008

I got in ANOTHER wreck...

Well happy monday to me. I got in a wreck on the freeway this morning, the guy behind me couldn't stop in time and hit me going about 20 mph from the back and made me hit the guy in front of me. Then a car hit hit and that car got hit too so there were 5 of us. I'm so mad at the guy behind me, he had plenty of time to stop I guess he just wasn't paying enough attention. My car isn't badly hurt or anything... I probably just need a new bumper.

My doctor had me go to the hospital to get monitored to make sure the baby was fine. I got there at 11:30 and was told that due to Ike they only had half their beds so it would take a little bit to get a bed... I thought ok maybe 15-20 minutes... NO... 2.5 HOURS later they finally get me hooked up to a NST machine. Good thing I wasn't in labor or they woulda been screwed.

Anyways they hooked me up and I was having contractions. They monitored me for about 1 hour and the contractions weren't getting any stronger so they checked my cervix and confirmed that it was still firm and closed and they allowed me to go home. They told me that if the contractions start to get any stronger then not to hesitate to come back up there. They also took my blood to do a test to make sure the baby's blood wasn't mixing with my blood? Or something like that. So I was just told to take it easy and here I am at home.

The guy's insurance co called me and I told them about the hospital visit and they told me to just fax them over copies of any medical bills I get... so hopefully that won't be too much of a pain. It was a company truck that he was driving so I'm sure his company will do anything to stay out of a lawsuit anyways.

So I guess its just rest and relaxation for me the rest of the day... oh and I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on Wednesday. It just irks me to no end on how I ALWAYS seem to get in a car accident. I have been in 5 accidents now and none of them have been my fault. Why am I so prone to them???

At least the guy had insurance this time I guess...

3 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

That sounds like the same thing that happened to me when I was about 19weeks, except it wasn't on a highway and there were only 3 of us. Oh and it was my fault, lol... :/

I'm glad you and Cody are ok though, that's scary! Take it easy girl!

Birdee said...

Where have I been? I just saw this. I hope your still okay, havent heard anything since the accident. You need to post and let us know your allright!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! I hope you & little Cody are ok! Misty updated us on the TTC board. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers. Keep that little guy in there for as long as possible!

~Steph (my_teffie from webmd)