Thursday, January 8, 2009

12 Days Old

Well the last few days have been challenging with the breastfeeding... to say the least. I started stressing myself out big time trying to pump enough to store and I felt like pumping and BFing was taking over my life and I was not enjoying my son. So we decided that I will not worry about trying to store for when I go back to work and if I end up not being able to pump enough at work we wont beat ourselves up over having to supplement with formula... big relief off my back!

On top of those issues I appear to have a clogged duct in both breasts and a milk rash on both also... no fun at all. But I am trying to get through it cause I know its whats best for my little man.

We have been getting a decent amount of sleep, the past couple of days he slept a lot during the day so he didnt go straight to sleep after his night feedings, but Chad and I are taking turns so it isn't too bad. He has been awake a lot today so hopefully tonight goes a lil better.

Im leaving you with pictures! (He's my man of many faces)








3 comments:

ssbean said...

Aww, the pics are so cute. So teach me, since in a few months I'll be where your at. How do the milk ducts clog and what about the milk rash? Is it painful for mom? What do you do to fix it? Can the baby still get plenty of what they need? That's a lot of questions, but you know this is my first and I'm clueless with much.

Misty Dawn said...

You are right...hes got alot of faces. I can't believe how big his passy looks compared to his head. LOL Can't wait for the d/a update.

Samantha said...

Sherry-

From what I have read clogged ducts can come from a number of things, such as not completely emptying your breasts or wearing a bra that is too tight. Im not quite sure what caused mine.. it is painful when you nurse because the clog is trying to come out.

The milk rash Im sure is just from milk spilling out after I pull him off and not getting cleaned up fast enough. Basically its just a bunch of red dots under my nipple that itch BAD.

Neither one of these things will affect the baby. Just kinda painful for mommy!