Cant believe he is almost a week old already! Time sure does fly.
We had his follow up weight check with the pedi today since he lost so much after birth. He was 6lb3oz when born and 5lb9oz at 3 days old. So he lost 10 oz in his first 3 days... well he gained all 10 back in the last 3 days! Im very happy about that! Obviously my milk has come in so he is getting a lot more to eat, making him and me both more happy!
I still haven't gotten too much sleep, he nurses alllll the time. He will usually eat for at least 45 minutes, then I will pump for about 15, and then he will be hungry again 1 hr after I finish pumping. So basically I can get 1 hour of sleep at a time at night. I feel pretty exhausted but we are coping.
My "small tear" has me in excruciating pain. I don't care if its "just" a tear, when I pee and the urine hits the open sore, all I can say is OWWWWWW. I am hoping that it starts to heal soon, as its hard to get up and down because it is so sore. Im having to have chad do A LOT for me, because I dont feel like being in pain just to get something to drink, kwim? Im now 6 days PP so hopefully it is starting to heal.
Will post more pics soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Glad you are doing ok besides the tear, I'm worried about getting one too...that and pooping in front of everyone from pushing so hard LOL! Oh well...it's all natural! I hope yall had a great New Years!
A tear/episiotomy HURTS like HECK. You have every right to take it easy. I had an episiotomy with my 1st and had 3 stitches and it hurt really bad, but I felt completely better after a couple weeks. :)
Steph
stephs_3_kidz
Post a Comment