Well I had surgery today to remove what ended up being an abscess. The surgeon saw me yesterday and said he didn't care what the u/s said, he could tell it was an abscess.
So he says the abscess was the size of a large orange or a small grapefruit and that it was the biggest one he had ever seen and he has drained a thousand abscesses. He had to make a 4 inch incision and said he really coulda opened it another inch but he was trying to keep it as small as he possibly could. He said when he opened it the pus actually started squirting out because it was so full. I am getting some pretty good pain meds so Im not feeling too bad. Im just glad that this is almost over. I should get to go home on thursday. YAY.
Oh and they think it is MRSA so that's why none on the antibiotics were working on me. I am now on vancomysin which is a big dog antibiotic. Its called "the drug of last resort." Sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I'm glad they got it drained and wish they would have done this last week!
I'm glad you are feeling better and they got things taken care of. I hope this is the last chapter of this episode and you don't have to deal with this anymore. I know you will be glad to get home so I will keep you in my prayers! Rest up!!
That's quite an abscess! I hope the Vanco kicks in soon and you're on your way home.
Hope you get better soon girl, I'm thinking about you!!
That's painful just to read it. I wish you a very speedy recovery! And quick healing vibes going to Cody for his ear too!
I have to say again though- he is SO CUTE!!!
~my_teffie from webmd
I hope you're feeling better soon and back at home.
Hope you are feeling better as quickly as possible.
Post a Comment