Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Back from the Doctor!

This was posted on WebMD:

Well my doctor was VERY good. Apparently even though he is just an OBGYN infertility is one of his specialties. He thinks that I am having a weak ovulation. He says I O a little later than he would like to see and that the spotting and short period concerns him. I am going to have a progesterone test at 2, 4, and 7 DPO. Im really not sure why he wants to do it so many times, but he said he wants to get a real clear picture of what is going on with me. Then he wants me to come back on CD3 and get my CD3 blood work, then somewhere between CD7 and CD14 he wants me to get an HSG. He wants me to do it all this month because he says there is no point in wasting time. Oh and Chad is going to get an SA this Friday, he is going to an RE to get it done.

Further thoughts:

I am really glad that he is being proactive. At first he was like ok so you want to get pregnant, have you gotten off BCPs yet? I was like hold up we have already been trying, he was like oh ok that changed things, lol. So I then showed him my charts and started talking to him about my concerns. He says it looks like I O (DUH) he just thinks it could use a little boost. He also says I dont need to keep charting if I don't want to but I think I am going to anyways. I am kinda scared of having an HSG, it just sounds painful. He seems to really think that its just a weak ovulation though, so lets hope it is something that simple. I am so glad I went and didn't wait around a few more months, especially since he thinks that there really could be something going on in there... his words were (something is obviously not working right).

So I am going to have blood taken the 12th, 14th, 17th (all for progesterone), then the
CD3 bloodwork roughly around the 27th or 28th. Then the HSG at the beginning of April. Wow thats a busy month.... it will all be worth it in the end though :)

6 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck with all your tests Sam. I'm glad that your doctor is really being proactive about this now. Keep me updated!

Morgan Owens said...

Sam, I'm glad to hear everything turned out alright and you got some answers finally. SEE! Everyone thought I was crazy and it was just my doctor that doesn't like charting, i personally think it's a whole WebMD thing anyway. It's crazy how just a few months ago we were going on like nothing and now we are both having to get repeated bloodwork done and everything. HSG isn't painful, they just do bloodwork from your arm- I've learned to just not look at it and it's nothing at all to it, but tell them to tell you right before they stick it in and you wont jump lol. Anyways, goodluck and just keep me updated through your blog and ill do the same!

Misty Dawn said...

Well I don't know about that Morgan. Normally, the OB/GYN's don't really know what to do with your Charts. Its the RE's that really look into and study your monthly charts. Its not a WEBMD thing.

Morgan Owens said...

Ok Misty, thanks for clearing that up.

Morgan Owens said...

Sam, I'm sorry I got an HSG completely confused with an HCG. I was wondering in the back of my mind what the heck they were doing an HCG for, lol..luckily I didn't say anything at the time I was thinking it or else I would have made myself look ridiculous. Anyways now that thats out in the open, LOL...goodluck with everything. So where exactly are you at in your cycle right now, so he's doing all the bloodwork and stuff THIS cycle or next?

Morgan Owens said...

You need to start blogging more girlie! :)