Friday, March 14, 2008

I dont get it...

OK I just have a vent... I may be a bitch for this but oh well.

Why the hell would anyone's doctor put them on fertility drugs before doing any infertility testing?? I think it should be MANDATORY to do some things before just giving them fertility medicine. I mean seriously, what good will Clomid do if your tubes are blocked or if your husband has bad sperm.. All you are doing is hurting your body unnessicarily by putting these drugs in your system. It really makes me wonder what else doctors give out that shouldn't be given out. I mean, if someone was coughing up blood, you would check for lung cancer and other possibilities before starting chemo right? So WHY the hell would you give fertility meds before checking and testing for what the ACTUAL cause is. I feel so sorry for the unknowing ladies whose doctors give them fertility meds without testing, because they probably don't know any better... and they probably dont know what HARM these meds can do.

Rant over.

4 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

I hope you aren't referring to me :) As far as my doctor goes, she didn't really run any tests on me except several b/w's...but with my progesterone so low, she was able to determine im not ovulating so at least she figured out my ACTUAL cause, but i know some docs don't and just throw the meds at them even for someone just coming in for "irregular" periods...but they dont understand that it doesnt mean they are O"ing.

Morgan Owens said...

It looks like they just "threw" the Clomid at you too, it's not just my dr.

Samantha said...

First Morgan stop assuming EVERYTHING is about you. You are not the only person I talk/think about. Second, my nurse DID jump to conclusions and try and give me clomid and I told her no until we had more answers. ALL OBGYNs are like that, thats why I took it upon myself to slow it down. I KNOW that I O'd because I CHART, so I KNEW that the nurse was jumping the gun, unlike you. Seriously Morgan, everything is NOT about you.

Morgan Owens said...

whoa..wait a minute..what the fuck are you talking about? When did I say everything was about me...

All I meant was she tried to give you clomid first thing like mine did...

And about the other, i didnt know who you were talking about and i didnt care..all i said was she found an actual cause for me taking it but some people they just give it to for nothing. I was agreeing with you. WTF