Monday, November 10, 2008

Some more info

Well I finally got discharged from the hospital on Friday. I was not very happy at all with my experience there. I originally went into the hospital on Tuesday for pre-term labor... I was having ctx every 3 or so minutes and I was 80% effaced and a fingertip dialated. They put me on trib and it didnt work so they started mag which also didnt work so they sent me to a hospital that could "better" take care of me if I were to deliver a baby that premature. Lemme just say... I will never go back to the "better" hospital again.

Once I got there I started getting pain in my right side in my kidney area... I told them about it and they gave me a pill for gas... I told them it was not gas but they had me take it anyways. Of course it didn't get any better and they had to give me nubane so I wouldnt be in so much pain cause everytime I started getting to be in pain the contractions got closer together.

They monitored me in L&D until the middle of the night Wednesday night, then they sent me to the antepardum unit saying they were going to get me an u/s to see if I had kidney stones. My MIL had come up there and saw I had blood in my urine and suggested maybe I had kidney stones and then all of the sudden thats what they think I have. We waited 24 hours for an ultrasound for them to come back and tell me that they didnt see any stones just a swollen ureter so I was probably trying to pass a stone.

The next morning they decide to discharge me even though I was contracting every 3 minutes still and told me I did not have to be on bedrest as this was all probably because of the kidney stones... WHAT?? I wasn't even IN any pain until I got to the hospital. And either way... I am effaced and now 1-2 cm dialated... but they told me to resume normal activites and that I could go back to work.

So I called my Dr friday after I left and was told by the nurse to absolutely not go back to work until I have a follow up with my Dr. I really think the people at the hospital were quacks. Neither the mag nor the trib would sto my ctx's... and thats OK? I think not.

I did get to go to my baby shower Saturday, but I was not able to really enjoy myself. My kidneys have been KILLING me to where I am barely able to even move. I think I may have passed the stone now though, as I am not in NEARLY as much pain. I was taking hydrocodone to keep the pain away... I felt really bad taking it but I just can't be in that much pain. At the hospital they were having to give me nubane and morphine just to keep me from screaming.

Hopefully my dr. can give me more answers tomorrow at my appointment... at this point I honestly feel like I have no idea what is going on.

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Ugh..I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you get some answers too! I hope you post some pics of the shower on myspace!

ssbean said...

I think you did the right thing by calling your doctor after being discharged. Kidney stones or no kidney stones, you were still having contractions and still 80% effaced. That still seems serious enough that you should probably want to take it easy. Crazy how some "better" hospitals can be full of the quacks. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Keep us updated on what your doctor says.