Well my baby boy is almost 4 days old already. Our first night home was HORRIBLE, as my milk wasn't in yet and the poor thing was starving. I know he was getting what he needed from the colustrum but his poor lil tummy wasnt full so he just cried and cried all night long. I basically got ZERO sleep because I was nursing every 1-1.5 hours for 45 min at a time. So it was nurse 45 min... then again 15-45 minutes later... talk about exhausting.
My milk did finally come in yesterday but it isn't quite up to par with the amount he wants yet, so I am pumping between feedings. Last night was a lot better, I mean A LOT better. He ate at about 11 and fell asleep at about 12, slept til 1, ate, slept til 4, ate, and it is now 8am and he is STILL sleeping. Im expecting a very fussy and hungry baby to wake up any minute now. Im guessing he was exhausted too from not really sleeping the night before.
He had his first pedi appointment yesterday too. He was down to 5lb 9oz, he was 5lb 11oz when we left the hospital so not too bad I guess. She doesn't want him losing much more though so she was the one who recommended I start pumping between nursing sessions. I have a whole 2oz of breast milk in the fridge!! (OK its weird that Im super excited about this, but it is a BIG deal to me, lol). Everything else at the appointment went really well... he is only actually 18.5 inches long, but the hospital told us he was probably shorter than 19inches anyways cause they measured him when he had his huge cone head... hehe.
The dogs have done a pretty good job so far, they have spent the majority of the time outside. At night they get to sleep inside and Tucker whines allllll night, so we will have to find a way to deal with that. Ginger gets REALLY excited anytime she is near Cody, so we just have to get her to calm down.
I will try and upload more pictures soon, I haven't had very much time at all to even take pictures, yesterday was full of trying to soothe a crying baby.
I will let you know how today goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thanks for sharing how it was, I'm glad I have your stories to listen to so I know what to expect next week. I'm sure it wont be all rainbows and roses but it will DEFINATELY all be worth it! I'm so glad Cody is doing good!
Sending you **BOOBIE MILK VIBES** lol :)
Sam~
Aww Cody is so cute!!
I was thinking about you a few days ago, I knew it was getting time for you to see Cody. A major windstorm blew out the power at my house for 3 days. So I did't have internet.
I'm so glad that you posted pictures of your happy little family.
Congrats again
Post a Comment