Monday, December 29, 2008

He is here!

So induction was schedule for Sat morning, when I got up Sat I started to have my bloody show, so I knew I was getting close on my own. We got to the hospital at 6:30 Saturday morning, they didn't want to start me up til after shift change at 7 so I sat around from 6:30 until 8 when they started the pitocin.

My dr. came in at 8:45 and I was a "good" 2cm and 90+% effaced. At that time she broke my water... can we say ewwwww. Def felt like I was peeing myself. As soon as my water was broken I started feeling the contractions A LOT better.

I was checked again at 10 and at that time i was up to 4cm and completely effaced, I asked for staidol (sp?) at this time to take the edge off the ctx because they were getting really intense and only about 1-2 min apart and lasting 1 min. That helped a lot but wore off after 1 hour and they wouldnt give me any more for 2 more hours, so I had them check me at 11:45 to see if there was any change to see if I could make it without an epi. Well when she checked me I was only at 4.5cm so I had barely changed in 2 hours so I knew I wouldn't be able to make it without some more drugs, and since they wouldnt give me anything else I got the epi.
The anesthesiologist did a great job as I could still feel the contractions and my legs werent numb and when it came time to push I easily felt the pressure.

So I got the epi at about 12 when I was 4.5cm, they checked me again at 1:20 and I was 9.5cm! So 5cm in about 1.5hours, if I would have known it would go that fast I might not have gotten the epi.

I started pushing at 2:15 and at 3:04 he entered the world with a HUGE cone head! He was 6lb 3oz and 19in long. A full lb less than what the dr. thought he would be.

I had a post pardum hemorrhage and lost A LOT of blood so I had to have a blood transfusion yesterday, besides that I have been feeling great. We came home today, if it werent for the hemorrhage I would have been able to come home yesterday.


Here are some pics, we have tons of them and its hard to pick my favorites!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

3guysandagirl said...

Sam, he is gorgeous! I think he looks just like you.

Congratulations!!!

Tina

Birdee said...

Congratulations Sam, He's absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sam, he is gorgeous!! Congratulations, I'm glad you all are doing well now. Scary about the PP hemorrhaging!!

It's a good thing I don't play the lottery, I was 2 pounds off on my guess. ;)

Congrats!

Steph
stephs_3_kidz

Morgan Owens said...

Wow, he is beautiful Sam, congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! He is so beautiful! So happy to hear you all are doing okay!

Christina said...

Congrats!

ssbean said...

OMG, he's so adorable. Congratulations!!