Friday, February 1, 2008

I DID IT!!!

So before I left work I talked to my boss. I went in all cool and collective and was like "can I talk to you" I said I just wanted to ask about the possibility of me getting a raise... and she says.... I have actually already been working on getting you a raise.

I was pissed.... LOL.

Not that she was already trying to get me a raise, but because of the fact that if I would have just waited another week I wouldn't have had to go through the agony of asking. I don't know why I hate it so much, but I mean its a personal thing. When you ask for a raise you are essentially saying "I think Im worth more"... well if they dont give you a raise they are essentially saying "you aren't worth any more money"... so it leaves you incredibly vulnerable.

So I guess we will see how much my raise is, and depending on how much it is I will re-evaluate whether or not I still want to find a new job. Here's to another week of waiting!!

1 comment:

Morgan Owens said...

Hey Sam! How was your weekend? WOW, I'm glad you are finally going to get a raise...I hope it's more than you are anticipating! Goodluck! You work hard and deserve more pay, especially when you are working double hard to make up for your friend leaving!