OK so I was eating last night and all of the sudden my eye starts hurting. I go to scratch it and it feels like I have a needle in my lower eye lid right by where my tear duct is. So I go to look in the mirror and my bottom eye lid is swollen. Everytime I touch it it hurts. It almost felt like I had a splinter right there. So I decide to take some benadryl and sleep it off, thinking maybe I just got something in my eye.
Well I wake up this morning and it is still swollen so I decide that I am going to go to the eye doctor. I had lasik done a few years back so I don't have a regular eye doctor as I dont go very often. So I look up a doctor that my insurance covers and call... they can squeeze me in at 1.... awesome... so I get there at 12:40 as I always get to my appointments early and I have to wait until 1:40 to see the doctor... whatever... they squeezed me in so I just grin and bear it.
I get in there and he starts giving me an eye exam... checking my vision, etc. He gets finished and says my vision is perfect... well duh I had lasik and asks me if I have any questions. Im like YEAH, I came in because I have this huge lump in my eye... DUH. So he says oh I didn't see anything wrong. So I show him where there is a bump on my eye lid and he is like oh you probably just irritated it. He then proceeds to get a cleaning cloth, make me close my eye, and RUBS my eye... this is my eye that swells up if you touch it. He made me cry. I seriously felt like he was pushing a needle through my skin. He then told me to just keep it clean and sent me on my way.... ARE YOU SERIOUS??? He did not check it for ANYTHING. It could be a stye... it could be an allergic reaction... did he check... NO! To top it all off this cost me $45. So pretty much I paid to get a vision check that I didn't need and for a doctor to tell me Im just being a baby because my eye is swollen. I was so pissed.
So now I am debating on whether or not to go to another doctor or just wait it out and see if it goes away on its own. Oh and when I got there, the nurse lady was like "It looks like conjunctivitis." Um Im no doctor, but it looks NOTHING like pink eye... if I had pink eye my actual EYE would be red, not my eye lid, and my eye would be pussing... I went to a stupid doctor... figures.
I did however talk to the lady that hit me today. She is still sticking to her story that she has insurance. I told her what her insurance company told me and she said that there is no way. So she is supposed to be calling them on Monday to get it straightened out. Lets hope!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Damn, you poor thang! Hope your eye gets better! I remember when i was younger me and some friends were walking and cut through a bob wire fence and she was holding one of the wires up for me to crawl through and she accidentally let it go and it literally sliced through my eyelid..i had to get stitches! freakin blondes man! ;)
Post a Comment