Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What a night

OK so this is what happened on my way home from work today...

I stopped by the grocery store to get Chad a valentines card and what not, it is right by the freeway. So I am turning onto the feeder and it is a double left hand turn lane... I am in the outside land and there is someone in the inside lane. Well we both turned left but she decided that right after we turned she wanted to veer into my lane. It scratched the whole side of my car and then bashed in the front by the wheel. So I get out of the car and the lady is apologetic and says let me get you my information. I decided not to call the cops, I didn't want the lady to get a ticket, I am nice like that. Well I noticed when I was writing down her insurance information that it was expired by 2 weeks, she told me that she just didn't have her updated card with her... I believed her. Well I go to the police station to file a report and the police officer recommends calling the insurance company and making sure the policy is valid. So Chad calls for me, and low and behold they are "90% sure" that is is a canceled policy. We are supposed to be hearing from them for sure in the morning. WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously, I am never going to be a nice person again. This is bullshit, there is probably about $4000 worth of damage to my car and it is only 8 months old. Seriously, if she doesn't have insurance, I will hunt her ass down. I called Chad because he was right around the corner and he got her license plate number and VIN number and I got her DL number and address and everything. I am not about to pay a $500 deductible and have my premiums go up because her ass doesn't have insurance. I will take it to small claims court, I know I would win. So we are supposed to hear about it in the morning and if she doesnt have coverage I am going to give her a call. This is just so like something that would happen to me. Right before I got this car someone hit my car in the parking lot at work... it was a hit and run... I had to claim that on my insurance too. People are fucking idiots, I don't get it.

So lesson of the day:

ALWAYS CALL THE COPS

No comments: